CHECK POINT UNVEILS ZONEALARM SECURE WIRELESS ROUTER
New Internet appliance to offer consumers unprecedented home network
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – November 7, 2006 - Check Point® Software Technologies Ltd. (NASDAQ: CHKP), the worldwide leader in securing the Internet, today announced the company is preparing to launch its first dedicated home network security solution, the ZoneAlarm Secure Wireless Router Z100G.
Complementing the security offered by the award-winning ZoneAlarm software and leveraging Check Point’s renowned enterprise-class embedded NGX security technologies, the ZoneAlarm Secure Wireless Router will enable consumers to surf the Internet with super-fast wired and wireless networking enjoying the highest level of security against hackers, viruses and more. It is believed to be the first true unified threat management (UTM) appliance specially created for consumers, and was developed in conjunction with Check Point subsidiary SofaWare Technologies.
The new Super-G wireless security router integrates seven powerful layers of protection for home networkers, including a stateful inspection firewall, intrusion prevention, antivirus, parental controls, VPN remote access, wireless encryption, and secure remote desktop access.
"Typical home wireless routers only include the most rudimentary security features, giving consumers a false sense of invincibility," said Laura Yecies, general manager of Check Point's consumer and small business division. "Hackers exploit these weaknesses to break into a user's home network to steal personal information or to hijack the Internet access to distribute spam, pornography or commit other Internet crimes. Now, consumers can take advantage of essentially the same security technologies used to protect the Fortune 500 while experiencing all the conveniences of a powerful wireless home network."
Continued Yecies, "By combining desktop software like the ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite with a secure gateway, consumers have several layers of defense. This ensures that hackers are thwarted regardless of the type of attack, such as spyware, rootkits, viruses and more."
ZoneAlarm Secure Wireless Router Features:
- Unsurpassed Firewall Protection: The industry’s #1 firewall. Check Point’s patented Stateful Inspection technology filters communications all the way down to the deepest data layers that traditional filters miss. It protects a network against unsolicited data transfers and external Internet attacks.
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention: SmartDefense technology scans network traffic to stop hackers and worms, while Application Intelligence allows a user to control the use of applications such as peer-to-peer file sharing and instant messaging.
- VStream Gateway Antivirus: a constantly updated antivirus engine blocks viruses before they reach a network, protecting all the PCs in the network.
- Remote Access VPN: Enables secure remote access to the home using IPSEC VPN (Virtual Private Network) technology to encrypt and guard data communications. The Check Point SecuRemote VPN client is included, free of charge.
- Secure Remote Desktop: Enables secure remote control of a home PC desktop from anywhere.
- Secure Wireless Communications: Supports the latest WPA2 (802.11i) encryption standards, together with complete firewall isolation between the wired and wireless network segments.
- Parental Controls: helps protect a family from inappropriate or potentially dangerous content.
Superior Wireless Internet Router:
- Leading Wireless Performance: In addition to four fast-Ethernet ports, the Z100G supports Super G standards at blazing wireless network speeds of up to 108 Mbps, while still remaining compatible with the older 802.11b and 802.11g technologies.
- Extended Range: Avoids dead spots using dramatically extended range (XR) technology for coverage up to 300m (984 ft) indoors and 1km (3280ft) outdoors with XR enabled wireless clients.
- Built-in Print Server: Turns virtually any USB-enabled printer into a wireless network printer so users can print from anywhere.
Convenient and Easy to Use:
- Web Based Setup Wizards: Easy to used web based configuration portal offers step-by-step instructions, to help secure a home wireless network in minutes.
- Monthly Security Report: Provides information on the performance and effectiveness of security services such as blocked attacks, detected viruses, filtered websites, and more.
- Bandwidth Monitoring: Built-in traffic monitoring and packet capture tools allow users to control and monitor incoming and outgoing traffic, and ensure efficient utilization of a broadband connection.
- Automatic Updates: Regular automatic software and antivirus updates keep a network protected from the latest threats.
The new ZoneAlarm Secure Wireless Router will be sold as a standalone appliance, or bundled with five copies of the award-winning ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite software. Availability is expected in late November at www.zonelabs.com. List price for the standalone appliance will be $199. A special promotional rate of $149 will be available through December 31, 2006.
About Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. (www.checkpoint.com) is the worldwide leader in securing the Internet. It is the market leader in the worldwide enterprise firewall, personal firewall and VPN markets. Through its NGX platform, the company delivers a unified security architecture for a broad range of perimeter, internal and Web security solutions that protect business communications and resources for corporate networks and applications, remote employees, branch offices and partner extranets. The company's ZoneAlarm product line is one of the most trusted brands in Internet security, creating award-winning endpoint security solutions that protect millions of PCs from hackers, spyware and data theft.
Extending the power of the Check Point solution is its Open Platform for Security (OPSEC), the industry's framework and alliance for integration and interoperability with "best-of-breed" solutions from over 350 leading companies. Check Point solutions are sold, integrated and serviced by a network of more than 2,200 Check Point partners in 88 countries.
Check Point Consumer and Small Business Division
Anne Marie McCauley
Check Point Software Technologies
©2003-2006 Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. All rights reserved.
Check Point, Application Intelligence, Check Point Express, the Check Point logo, AlertAdvisor, ClusterXL, Cooperative Enforcement, ConnectControl, Connectra, CoSa, Cooperative Security Alliance, DefenseNet, Eventia, Eventia Analyzer, Eventia Reporter, FireWall-1, FireWall-1 GX, FireWall-1 SecureServer, FloodGate-1, Hacker ID, IMsecure, INSPECT, INSPECT XL, Integrity, InterSpect, IQ Engine, Open Security Extension, OPSEC, OSFirewall, Policy Lifecycle Management, Provider-1, Safe@Home, Safe@Office, SecureClient, SecureKnowledge, SecurePlatform, SecuRemote, SecureXL Turbocard, SecureServer, SecureUpdate, SecureXL, SiteManager-1, SmartCenter, SmartCenter Pro, Smarter Security, SmartDashboard, SmartDefense, SmartDefense Advisor, SmartLSM, SmartMap, SmartUpdate, SmartView, SmartView Monitor, SmartView Status, SmartViewTracker, SofaWare, SSL Network Extender, Stateful Clustering, Triple Defense Firewall,
TrueVector, Turbocard, UAM, User-to-Address Mapping, UserAuthority, VPN-1, VPN-1 Accelerator Card, VPN-1 Edge, VPN-1 Pro, VPN-1 SecureClient, VPN-1 SecuRemote, VPN-1 SecureServer, VPN-1 VSX, VPN-1 XL, Web Intelligence, ZoneAlarm, ZoneAlarm Pro, Zone Labs, and the Zone Labs logo, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. or its affiliates. All other product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. The products described in this document are protected by U.S. Patent No. 5,606,668, 5,835,726, 6,496,935, 6,873,988 and 6,850,943 and may be protected by other U.S. Patents, foreign patents, or pending applications.