ZoneAlarm® Vista Release History
The latest ZoneAlarm release is 7.1.254.000.
- 7.1 Branch VISTA ONLY
7.1.254.000 was released to the public on April 22, 2008. For
changes in this version, click here.
To download this version, click
7.1.248.000 was released to the public on January 25, 2008. For changes in this version, click here. To download this version, click here.
- Fixed compatibility issue with Network Magic and networking software that comes with certain brands of routers
ZoneAlarm version 7.1.254.000
- Fixed compatibility issue with Logitech
- Various stability and performance improvements
ZoneAlarm version 7.1.248.000
Note: these notes also apply to ZoneAlarm Pro, ZoneAlarm AntiVirus and ZoneAlarm (free firewall) when applicable. For example, improvements to anti-spyware do not apply to our AntiVirus product, but do apply to Suite and Pro that both include anti-spyware features.
- ZoneAlarm Pro now available for Windows Vista.
- Compatible with Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Performance improvements:
- Improved system boot time
- Included a new anti-spyware engine
- Fixed problems with AV on dual-core and hyper-threaded machines.
- Stability improvements in anti-virus:
- Fixed occasional hangs in advanced dialog window
- Fixed occasional hangs during scan
- Fixed occasional hangs after repair of archive (or similar) on CD.
- Additional Stability improvements:
- Fixed occasional crashes in vsmon
- Fixed occasional hangs during shutdown
- Fixed occasional hangs in UpdClient.
- Fixed various install and upgrade issues
- Fixed window activation issue associated with automatic updates
- Fixed compatibility issue with Intuit Software
- Fixed compatibility issue with AIM (AOL Instant Messenger)
- Fixed compatibility issue with Webroot
- Anti-virus improvements:
- Fixed anti-virus signature versions not showing,
- Don't reschedule AV updates after initial update completes
- Fixed renamed items not appearing properly in the AV treatment dialog
- Anti-spyware improvements:
- New anti-spyware engine
- Fixed issue where AS updates reported the client up to date when the client had no internet access
- Ease-of-use improvements:
- New: Added Automatic Network Configuration to Wizard (will automatically add Domain Controller, DNS, DHCP, Network Printers and, mapped network drives to trusted zone)
- Changed update frequency default to every 3 hours
- Customization improvements:
- Made AV/AS update frequency configurable
- Added Global Reset-to-Default feature (invoked via Ctrl+Shift+right click on ZA icon in system tray).
- Various other fixes and improvements
New and improved ZoneAlarm version 7.1.078.000
- ZoneAlarm is compatible with Windows Vista
- Due to the different needs and functionality of this new operating system, ZoneAlarm features and functionality on 2000/XP and Vista may differ. The following features are not available on Vista: Privacy control, IM Security, ID Lock, and Parental control Web site filtering
- Various maintenance items and quality improvements